Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hi-dee-hi Campers

Here is the first of my camping pages. Hopefully more to come. As you can probably see by the smiling faces a good time was had by all.
It turned out to be a bit of a scorcher on Good Friday and by the time the tents were finally up a cold beer was very welcome.
The wind came up a fair bit as the day wore on and it was interesting to watch our tents being flattened and then pop up again (at least, we hoped).
It rained on Saturday and by 11am the kids were getting tent fever. In a moment of insanity I suggested going for a swim in the river.
The kids leapt upon this suggestion with great enthusiasm and before I knew it we were in our togs and off to the river.Now you have to remember it was still drizzling, overcast and basically yuck. But off to the river we went.
I was brave and the first one in. It was BLOODY FREEZING!
Eilish got some good pics of various facial expressions which I hope to scrap later. More to follow.


1 comment:

Mo (Maureen) said...

this sure was a treat, your brekkie special and my 1st taste of camping. We sure ate like royalty and BB and I sure enjoyed our comfyness in our van, hehe. Thanks for the memories...
luv Mo.