It is Saturday and I have been back visiting everyone in Wellington for a week now. Only couple more days to pack everything into and then back on to the plane for me.
Arriving in Wellington last Saturday I was greeted by a beautiful sunny winters day. I have always loved the expression 'You can't beat Wellington on a good day!'. Shame that there aren't too many of them during the winter but that is by the by.
Mum picked me up at the airport and took me back to her place via a quick detour to pick up wrapping paper. Yes, my catch-ups were already starting. I had time for a coffee and a quick chat with mum and Michael before it was timeto go. Mo came and whisked me away to her place for her impromptu 40th birthday get together with hubby Brian and friends Barry, Lynn, Cameron and Taylor.

Happy 40th Mo
I was greeted at the door by their dog Corey and I found out that he was so excited that he had managed to pee up the leg of my jeans. This seemed to tickle Barry's sense of humour and he couldn't stop laughing for some time. I was just annoyed that HE didn't manage to wet himself laughing. Bugger.
Photos were taken, stories shared, gifts exchanged, wine drunk and through it all, Lynn, Mo and Brian continued to fill us up with some lovely food. Yum!
Sunday was a lazy day, catching up with mum and Michael and just not doing much of anything. Monday I hit the shops to get a few NZ knick knacks and fill the children's shopping lists of Pineapple Lumps, Chocolate Fish, Eskimo Men, Fruit Puffs and pkt Onion Soup. Customs are going to have a good time with me :) Then caught up with my friend Diane for a coffee and to make plans for other catch up times.
Tuesday I decided to get some exercise before I completely holiday blobbed out. So I put on my walking shorts and t-shirt and opened the front door. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Am now thinking I am going to have to walk very very fast just to crack the ice as it forms round my nostrils. (Not quite that bad, but it feels like it) Mums wishes me luck as I head out the door telling myself 'Think Warm, Think Warm.'
I walk in the direction of my old place which is up a rather steep hill. If you are going to exercise you might as well make it worthwhile. I feel the old leg muscles begin to complain as it has been over a year since I last did any hill walking. Woohoo! Make it to the top in good time and snap a couple of pics for all of you flat land dwellers.

I huff and I puff!
Now to head back down. Easy right? Am finally at the bottom and I think my shins are no longer on talking terms with the rest of my body. Who knew walking downhill could be so hard when you are out of practice.
People have been commenting that I must have brought the sun with me as the weather has been really terrible up until now. And here it is still shining down on me. I always thought I was a little ray of sunshine. Lol
Time to catch up with Brother/Sister inlaw for lunch, chats, dinner and early 40th birthday drink. See, there is a theme to this visit. Wow, haven't my niece and nephew grown.
Wednesday Pinch me I think I am dead. Better yet shake me really hard cause I think my body has gone numb. Ok, yesterdays walk kinda killed me. What's the answer for it? Another walk of course, while I can still move, just. Shorts and t-shirt back on I hobble out the front door and head for my horrible hill. If it doesn't kill you it must be good for you right?
Yay, another hill walk under my belt but man does my butt hurt.
Now I am feeling virtuous, sore as well, but virtuous nevertheless. Can have Fish and Chips for dinner with Mark and Diane. Have been hanging out for good NZ Fish and Chips.
Thursday It is raining. Damn no walk today, heh heh. Thank you Rain Gods. Thursday late morning it is really rainng quite hard. Thursday afternoon, yep still raining. Actually, it is giant bucketsfull. Thursday night, same day, same precipitation.
Friday A call is going out for galoshes and snorkels so I can get out the front door to meet up with my old mothers group. Ten years on and they are all still meeting with special guest
appearances by moi.









1 comment:
oh dear, so sorry about the welcome wee from our Corey. We all had a giggle at your expense, hehe. So cool to catch up again and sad we just couldn't do it again while you were in town still. Queenstown was just AMAZING with loads of photos for scrapping soon hopefully.
Hugz to all, Mo
Post a Comment