Sunday, July 6, 2008

Winter is here


It is certainly starting to feel like winter here now. No more watching Connors rugby in my sundress I think. With a definite nip in the air I thought I would dig out our ski pics from last year and do something with them. This one of Eilish is hopefully the first of a few pages I aim to do.
We went to a friends place to watch the rugby on Saturday. Yes, there are people that watch the rugby in Adelaide. Admittedly a lot of them are kiwis'. As we saw the weather in Wellington we couldn't help but feel pleased that we weren't there. It looked terrible. A good result for the All Blacks though.
The kids are now on school holidays for two weeks and in true winter holiday form the weather here is looking fairly horrible. We will have to make up a list of indoor things to do over the next few days to keep them from killing each other.
At this point in time the kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it but the homemade bread and muffins have gone down a treat. The kids are busy upstairs making forts in their bedrooms as they still don't have the wardrobes in dividing the rooms up. The call has gone out for more pegs to hold up sheets. I remember all the fun my brother and I used to have as kids making train forts in the lounge. It is nice to see the kids doing something that doesn't need plugging in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, good to see you're off and racing now with the pages. This one looks great. Love the way you have tied the colours from the photos to the background papers. Keep up the good work. Diane

Mo (Maureen) said...

Yes it was bloody freezing during the All Blacks Test Match. Just as well Lynn had the placed all warming up by the time we made it half way through the 1st half.
In fact I seem to recall Gordon calling that it was snowing up at his place for the first time this year. Like I said, bloody freezing!
Yet another stunning page.