It was a busy day yesterday with the kids last day of school. They had a leaving assembly in the morning and then back to their classes to finish off the day. Us mothers all went out for a farewell lunch and to make plans for the holidays. Back to pick the kids up at 2.15, still raining and there they all are adding to the rain. I don't think I have seen that many Year 7's all crying at once before. You would think they were leaving the planet not the school.
My dry eyed girl came out and said that the girls were all jokingly calling her insensitive as she wasn't bawling her eyes out like the rest of them. I reminded them that when you move countries a few times you sort of get used to saying goodbye. And, after all they are only a text or msn away from each other. Gee, they could even pick the phone and actually talk on it.
After dropping the kids off to a friends for the night we call a taxi to take us to Gary's Christmas work do - still raining. One hour twenty five minutes and 2 more calls to the taxi company later we are not happy campers. More so cause we only live a 20 minute walk away from the city. But walking in high heels in the pouring rain is not a recipe for success. A break in the rain and we give up on the taxi company and scurry as fast as we can to a bus stop. A success. We get there dry.
A good night was had by all and Gary and I got home some time after 3am, heh heh. We are just about to head off to pick up the kids and go to a Christmas party with the people from our old street. Can't get too carried away though as from there we are taking the kids to Christmas At The Proms in the festival centre this evening.
Sunday I think will be a good day to sleep. And before I go have at look at the layouts I did with some of Eilish's graduation pics. Doesn't she look lovely. Not that I am biased.


Credits - Quickpages by http://kimbsdesigns.blogspot.com/
Wordart by http://www.wordartfun.blogspot.com/ and http://elegantwordart2.blogspot.com/








1 comment:
simply beautiful Sam, hope you'll check out my freebie WA soon ;)
Post a Comment