Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Book Week

Presenting Indiana Jones and Clarice Bean. It is Book Week at the kids school this week and today the kids all had the option to dress up as a book character. The kids all have a fun day and just before lunch the whole school gets together and does a big parade. The teachers get invovled too and it can be quite fun to work out who some of them are. Connor simply loves Indiana Jones and as he had the hat we had to ome up with the rest. My younger brother Chris might recognise the jacket as he used to wear it when he was little (good old Pumpkin Patch). My mum would have been proud of me. Most of my friends know I don't actually do anything in the way of fixing things sewing, but for Connor's costume I outdid myself. Take a good look at Connor's bag everyone. I HAND SEWED that without a pattern too. Took me for ever but my family is very proud of me and Connor just loves it. Eilish decided to dress up as a character that she really enjoys called Clarice Bean. The books are a bit young for her now but she often enjoys revisiting them. Thanks to 'Nan at the Beachhouse' for buying the first book. The photos are a bit grainy as we were in the wrong light but suddenly remembered to get out the camera as we were heading out the door. Eilish won't be happy that I have posted the last pic but my thinking is that if you ask to pose for a silly pic expect it to turn up somewhere. Leave us some comments please. P.S you may have noticed that I have a link to Eilish's blog. This is a blog she is doing at school and for that reason she is not allowed to post pictures of people on it. We are working around it by doing some intro scrap pages with pics of other stuff. If you visit it please leave her a comment. She will be chuffed.

1 comment:

Mo (Maureen) said...

Too cute, hehe.
Will leave a comment for E next time I visit. Have a good week all.
We are counting down the sleeps here.