Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Can Anyone Spare An Iceberg?
I thought it was hot yesterday but it was 38 degrees at 9am this morning and heading towards a high of 44. Yuck! I think if we carry on with the expected 40 degrees and above for the rest of the week it is supposed to break a 110 year record. Yuck, again!
Both kids started back at school yesterday with Eilish having her first day at High School. They came home with the usual pile of notices and full of the things they did in their new classes. I had to drop Eilish off early this morning as she is on camp for the next three days. At least they are in cabins and not tenting. I have a feeling that she is going to be a very worn out young lady when I pick her up on Friday afternoon.
In honour of the fact that is is so blinkin' hot we have decided that the rest of the family are heading to the beach this evening for a picnic dinner and a swim. Perhaps someone could drag that spare iceberg out to Henley Beach, heh heh.
No scrapping for today but you will see I have been busy designing my new blog background and header. Have had these papers and elements for a while, just had to wait for the right season. The set is called 'Summer Citrus'. ( Credits on the other side of my blog )
Yep, summer is definitely here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Hay Sam, Jase here. Been thinking about you guys with the TDU and also hearing on the radio about how ridiculously hot its been there. We got quite excited about 27 degrees on Saturday so cant imagine how restrictive 40+ is. Ali and Matt are back at school tomorrow so Gin will be pretty happy in about another 12 hours and I suspect the kids will be in for a rude awakening after staying up late for the last 6 weeks. Anyway, Hi to all and Happy belated birthday to Connor if he didn't get our txt (which is quite likely as I suspect Gary's number would be outdated by now). Jase
We got an official recorded temp of 34 at Trentham last Saturday. That sure felt hot enough, just as well it coincided with Steve & Jade's Luau so good excuse to dress up in less.
Post a Comment