Unfortunately someone pulled the plug.
What an eyesore!
The Adelaide City Council is beside itself. The river Torrens is a big part of the scenic look of Adelaide city and now it is just sludge. There is talk of mechanical malfunctions of the weir gate and hints of possible vandalism. I am not too sure if the true reason has been unearthed yet but I sure do know it is gonna stink as the weather heats up.
For now it is Adelaide's newest tourist destination. I swear I haven't seen so many people rubber necking as they walk or drive past ( me included heh heh ).
Now, I am alive but have elsewhere occupied. I have been working furiously on the rugby club website http://www.vikingssa.rugbynet.com.au/, take a look if you feel like it but also just generally feeling uncreative. I had a small problem with my eye which has now resolved itself but looking at computers was not too comfortable at the time. So onward to sit at my comp.
Eilish has settled in wonderfully to High School life and has even been known to walk home on the occasional non boiling hot day. Tomorrow she is off to West Lakes to try out for the school rowing team. Normally training and trials would be on the river Torrens but, ITS NOT THERE! The good thing about junior high school rowing is that it is in the afternoons. That whole horrible 5.30 in the morning thing doesn't start til they are a senior at the school. will update again on Eilish's thoughts.
Rugby training starts on Thursday night though I have a committee meeting on Wednesday night first. Nippers goes til the end of March so there will be a double up for a while but hopefully no clashes.
Time to go, book and coffee calling.








No comments:
Post a Comment